Here are some signs to look out for that will help you
work out if it’s time to consider an upgrade.
Tips you can follow to make sure your site stays current
• You will want to ensure that you receive the maximum amount of traffic you can and that this results in some leads for your business. If the level you have so far been achieving begins to wain then it might be time for you to consider trying something new.
• Check out what your competition are up to. Have they changed the look and feel of their website? Are your competitors using next generation websites? If so then it might be time for you to do the same if you are going to maintain your competitive edge.
• Compare your website against others in your industry. Does it have the same kind of contemporary feel or do your competitors have an enhanced design and layout? Constantly benchmarking your site against others will help you assess how up to date your site is and understand what the current developments are in website designs.
• Does your website hold the most current and up to date information? This refers to your product lines. Are you displaying old stock that is out of season or sold out? If you are then you should definitely think about updating your content if not your whole design, which will mean a move to a next generation design.
• Everyone is using smart phones, or at least most people. Your website must be able to be accessed on a smart phone if you are going to remain as accessible as you possibly can be. If your site cannot be used with mobile technology then you need to consider an upgrade.
• Has your business changed? Do you work in a different way now to include card payments or 24 hour delivery etc.
If your business model has changed then your website must reflect these changes if your customers are going to stay
informed of your developments. If your website does not reflect these changes then you should consider an upgrade.
• It is quite common for people to visit websites and not come back again but if the numbers
of people navigating away quickly has increased then you need to consider why his is urgently
as you are losing potential customers before they are even taking the time to look at your content.
This may well be because your site is outdated.
• You should be able to integrate the social media you use with your website so that people can take action
and like your site or share some of your content. It is imperative that you are using social media as a marketing
strategy so if your site is stopping you from doing this then it is time to upgrade to a next generation website.
• Next generation websites allow you to make changes to your website however frequently you wish.
If you cannot do this and you are paying someone to do this for you at a great expense to yourself
then your website is outdated and your content will always be far less up to date than that of your competitors.
• Finally, if the people that are visiting your website cannot share information and content then you are preventing
them from making the most of your site and encouraging others to view it. A next generation website will help you to do this.
Why people choose next generation websites
Open source software allows you to build a site that allows you to make changes simply and quickly without any technical expertise. The software is easy to use and means that you can upload content whenever you want to. When it goes live you stay in complete control and can monitor activity at the click of a button. This means you can make decisions about your site and your content without having to outsource the work to an expensive developer who will take time to make the changes.
Your changes can be instantaneous so that you can react to any current event with speed.